The rules are as follows:
- We need at least 3 players.
- The first game is played the same as in the standard “IT Startup – The Card Game” game mode.
- Instead of winning one game, repeat the game until one of the players wins 3 times (or 2 times if we want to shorten the playing time). This modifies each subsequent game, because the other players target the current leader (so that he does not win a second or third time) – now they have a greater incentive to sabotage them.
- The order of players in this mode matters. Initially, we randomize the order of players. Then we player with with the most wins is always the last one.
- After each game, the losers will receive a one-time “help token”: it can be used to additionally activate the “Help” effect of their cards for during their turns (even if the “Help” effect should not be active now).
- The player who finishes the round in the last place receives a second bonus “help token” (in addition to the standard first token). If two players are tied for last place: neither of them gets an extra token.
- You can also use the help token in an alternative way: gain (2) project points , or to subtract (4) project points.
- The second alternative way to use your help tokens: for 2 help token, you can take over any opponent’s employee from the player who does not have any help tokens.